BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Hunter Biden pleads not guilty to federal gun charges at Delaware courthouseon October 4, 2023
The president's son faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of three federal criminal charges.
- Speaker Kevin McCarthy: US House of Representatives votes to oust Republican leaderon October 4, 2023
The Republican says the vote was "personal", lashing out at his political nemesis, Matt Gaetz.
- Sam Bankman-Fried: Trial of 'Crypto King' beginson October 3, 2023
The former crypto billionaire is accused of "one of the biggest financial frauds in US history".
- At least 21 dead as Venice bus plunges from bridgeon October 3, 2023
The bus carrying tourists to a campsite crashes off an overpass in the Mestre district.
- Kevin McCarthy's replacement will inherit a poisoned chalice tooon October 3, 2023
The House is a broken institution - Kevin McCarthy looked almost relieved when the axe finally fell.
- Donald Trump: Judge issues gag order on former president in NY fraud caseon October 3, 2023
The ex-president attacked the judge's clerk in a social media post which was removed after the order.
- India-China feud keeps international planes out of Nepal airporton October 3, 2023
Nepal has spent millions constructing a new airport in hopes of boosting tourism - but no-one is coming.
- Ros Atkins on... Why Hunter Biden is in troubleon October 3, 2023
The BBC's analysis editor examines the first ever criminal prosecution of a sitting US president's child.
- France: Bedbugs crawl across train seat and in sofaon October 3, 2023
Infestations of bedbugs have been found in homes and on public transport in cities across France.
- Spain's Sánchez pins hopes of becoming PM on Catalan amnestyon October 3, 2023
King Felipe VI has asked caretaker Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez to try to form a government, after his conservative rival was unable to.
- Bangkok: Two dead and 14-year-old held over Siam Paragon mall shootingon October 3, 2023
A 14-year-old is held on suspicion of opening fire at the iconic Siam Paragon mall in the Thai capital.
- Deserted Nagorno-Karabakh reveals aftermath of lightning-fast Armenian defeaton October 3, 2023
Half-eaten food at abandoned positions reveals how fast Karabakh Armenians lost control to Azerbaijan.
- Lampedusa shipwreck: Sirens sound to remember Eritrean victimson October 3, 2023
An emotional memorial is held for the 368 migrants, mainly from Eritrea, who died 10 years ago.
- Bedbug panic sweeps Paris as infestations soar before 2024 Olympicson October 3, 2023
France is alarmed as "les punaises", as they're known in French, spread fear and loathing.
- Why a rare gun charge against Hunter Biden could misfireon October 3, 2023
One man convicted of the same count was sentenced to nearly four years. But such cases have proven legally shaky.
- Florida boy, 11, shoots teenagers after row at American football practiceon October 3, 2023
Two 13-year-olds are stable after the attack at an American football session in Florida.
- Khaled Khalifa: 'Larger than life' famed Syrian writer mournedon October 3, 2023
The BBC's Lina Sinjab remembers her friend and internationally acclaimed novelist Khaled Khalifa.
- Ukraine war: Western allies say they are running out of ammunitionon October 3, 2023
The UK and Nato say ammunition production must be ramped up so Ukraine can defend itself against Russia.
- Social media giants eye monthly charge to avoid adson October 3, 2023
The video sharing site is looking into charging a fee of around $4.99 to get rid of ads.
- Jamaica children in hospital after eating cannabis sweetson October 3, 2023
Jamaica's education minister says some of the 60 students suffered hallucinations.
- Mexico crime: Suspect held over young men's kidnappingon October 3, 2023
Prosecutors hope the arrest will shed light on the disappearance of five friends from Lagos de Moreno.
- Abercrombie & Fitch launches investigation into ex-CEO sexual misconduct claimson October 3, 2023
It comes after a BBC investigation reported allegations that Mike Jeffries exploited men for sex at events he hosted.
- It's smashing pumpkins time at Oregon Zooon October 3, 2023
Autumn has officially started and the zoo residents are having fun with the seasonal gourds.
- The lives upended by colonial rule in the Middle Easton October 3, 2023
British and French control of the region a century ago came at a cost which is felt until this day.
- Uttar Pradesh: Indian schoolgirl’s cycling death lays bare ugly face of ‘Eve-teasing’on October 2, 2023
The 17-year-old was run over after she fell off her bike when a man pulled her scarf.
- Marriage equality eludes Japan's same-sex coupleson October 2, 2023
Japan offers same-sex couples no clear legal protection, leaving them feeling nearly invisible.
- Double rainbow and lightning strikes caught on cameraon October 2, 2023
Stunning cell phone video captured a meteorological phenomenon: lightning beside a double rainbow.
- Watch: 128-year-old mummy finally gets funeralon October 2, 2023
Fondly called 'Stoneman Willie,' the mummy is an icon in the history of Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Abercrombie & Fitch ex-CEO accused of exploiting men for sexon October 2, 2023
An organised network recruited men for sex with Abercrombie & Fitch’s then-CEO - BBC investigation.
- Moment Mexican church roof collapses caught on CCTVon October 2, 2023
At least seven people have died and 30 are in hospital following a roof collapse in a church in Ciudad Madero.