BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Gaza children search for food to keep families aliveon February 26, 2024
As aid reaching the territory dwindles, reports of widespread malnutrition are increasing.
- Brazil ex-leader Bolsonaro denies coup allegationson February 26, 2024
Jair Bolsonaro tells a massive rally of his supporters in São Paulo he is a victim of political persecution.
- 'My bank manager stole $1.9m from my account'on February 26, 2024
Shveta Sharma accuses the bank manager at ICICI bank of pulling an elaborate con.
- Man sets himself on fire outside US Israeli embassyon February 25, 2024
An investigation into the incident under way, which happened in Washington DC.
- Thousands attend Bolsonaro rally in Brazilon February 25, 2024
Brazil's former president greets supporters in Sao Paulo as an investigation continues into the 2023 storming of Congress.
- At least 15 dead in Burkina Faso church attackon February 25, 2024
It the latest atrocity in the country to be attributed to Islamist militants.
- Bangladesh bans adopting elephants from the wildon February 25, 2024
Animal rights groups declared the move a "landmark order" that would protect against exploitation.
- 'Fewer children will be born': Alabama embryo ruling divides devout Christianson February 25, 2024
After Alabama rules that frozen embryos are children, some fertility patients pray that lawmakers find a solution.
- Zelensky says 31,000 troops killed in war in Ukraineon February 25, 2024
It is rare for officials to say how many Ukrainian soldiers have died since Russia's full-scale invasion.
- In pictures: Celebrating the Lantern Festivalon February 25, 2024
The festival marks the end of Lunar New Year festivities - this year is Year of the Dragon.
- Surge in patriotism as Namibia president laid to reston February 25, 2024
A huge crowd attends Hage Geingob's funeral following his death at the age of 82 from cancer.
- Trump easily wins South Carolina but Haley fights onon February 25, 2024
The former president moves closer to the Republican nomination with a huge win in his rival's home state.
- Israel mulls ceasefire plan as progress reportedon February 25, 2024
It comes as police break up protests in Tel Aviv calling for the prime minister's resignation.
- Mexico poll frontrunner deluged with hate messageson February 25, 2024
Claudia Sheinbaum, a close ally of President López Obrador, has had her phone number leaked online.
- Eiffel Tower set to reopen after six-day strikeon February 25, 2024
Workers first walked out on Monday in a dispute over the way the tower was managed.
- Oppenheimer dominates SAG Awards ahead of Oscarson February 25, 2024
Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr won acting prizes, while the film won best ensemble cast.
- Dissent is dangerous in Putin's Russia, but activists refuse to give upon February 25, 2024
Jailed opposition activist Vladimir Kara-Murza refuses to be cowed following the death of Alexei Navalny.
- Kim Petras on sexual liberation and fighting TikTokon February 25, 2024
The pop star talks about her sex-positive EP, and why artists need to take a stand over royalties.
- Your pictures on the theme of 'on the horizon'on February 25, 2024
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
- The blind Ukrainian amputee whose wife's voice kept him aliveon February 25, 2024
Serhiy suffered catastrophic injuries - including losing both his legs - when an anti-tank mine blew up his vehicle.
- US and UK carry out new strikes on Yemen's Houthison February 24, 2024
The US says the allies targeted 18 sites, including missile storages, drones and radars.
- Republican hopefuls audition to be Trump’s VP pickon February 24, 2024
As Kristi Noem and Vivek Ramaswamy top a straw poll of conservative activists, we assess all the pitches.
- Navalny's body returned to mother 8 days after deathon February 24, 2024
Alexei Navalny's mother has been demanding the return of his body since his death in a Russian prison.
- Farmers' anger erupts at trade show in Parison February 24, 2024
Clashes erupt between security forces and farmers protesting at the presence of President Macron.
- Gaza desperately needs more aid but agencies can’t copeon February 24, 2024
Paul Adams examines why agencies are unable to get desperately needed aid into the Gaza Strip.
- Two years into Russia's invasion, exhausted Ukrainians refuse to give upon February 24, 2024
Ukrainians may be fatigued by the war, but they still see it as a fight for survival.
- Watch: A look back at the Ukraine war two years onon February 24, 2024
The BBC's Joe Inwood reflects on two years since Russia launched its full scale invasion of Ukraine.
- India's music star Shreya Ghoshal 'living in the moment'on February 24, 2024
One of India’s most popular singers says she feels a duty to pass on what she's learnt to the next gen.
- Valencia fire: Early videos show how flames spreadon February 23, 2024
Experts say highly flammable cladding may have helped the fire spread.
- First private Moon mission marks new era for space travelon February 23, 2024
Odysseus' successful landing has sparked excitement around a possible expansion of the lunar economy.