BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Johnny Depp hit me on honeymoon, says Amber Heardon May 16, 2022
The actress says she believes that she wouldn't have survived if their marriage had continued.
- Turkey threatens to block Finland and Sweden Nato bidson May 16, 2022
Turkish President Erdogan accused the Nordic nations of harbouring terrorists wanted by Ankara.
- Twitter boss hits back on Musk doubts over fake accountson May 16, 2022
Chief executive Parag Agrawal says the firm is confident that less than 5% of users are spam accounts.
- Buffalo shooting: Gunman sought to 'continue his rampage'on May 16, 2022
Questions are being asked about how the suspect carried out the attack when he was known to authorities.
- Somalia: President Biden reverses Trump's withdrawal of US troopson May 16, 2022
It reverses a decision by his predecessor Donald Trump to withdraw some 700 troops from the country.
- Buffalo shooting: Black Americans describe grief and fearon May 16, 2022
Ten people were killed in Saturday's attack - described by Buffalo's police chief as a racist hate crime.
- Shireen Abu Aqla: Christian leaders condemn violence at reporter's funeralon May 16, 2022
Christian leaders in Jerusalem accuse Israel of violating an agreement to uphold religious freedom.
- Greece killing: Pilot murdered Caroline Crouch, court ruleson May 16, 2022
A helicopter pilot is found guilty of suffocating his British wife - a case that shocked Greece.
- McDonald's to leave Russia for good after 30 yearson May 16, 2022
The chain opened in Moscow in 1990 as the Soviet Union was opening its economy to Western brands.
- Nato begins its military exercises in Balticson May 16, 2022
The alliance begins one of its largest military exercises, as Finland and Sweden seek to join.
- Kenya elections 2022: Raila Odinga picks Martha Karua as running mateon May 16, 2022
Martha Karua, a former rival who once served as justice minister, joins the ticket of ex-PM Raila Odinga.
- Iraq sandstorm: Red skies as Iraq hit by eighth sandstorm in weekson May 16, 2022
This is the eighth sandstorm to sweep through the country since mid-April, hospitalising hundreds.
- Matriarch accused of leading drug clan capturedon May 16, 2022
US prosecutors accuse Herlinda Bobadilla, 61, of smuggling tonnes of cocaine from Honduras to the US.
- Afghan resistance attack Taliban, sparking reprisals in Panjshiron May 16, 2022
The attack reportedly killed a number of Taliban fighters in a resistance stronghold in the north.
- Ukraine Eurovision win: Presenter hosting from bunker jumps for joyon May 16, 2022
Timur Miroshnychenko tells BBC Breakfast he hopes the country will be able to host next year.
- North Korea: More than a million Covid cases fearedon May 16, 2022
The military has been ordered to intervene as a wave of Covid cases sweeps the unvaccinated country.
- Full lunar eclipse creates rare super blood Moonon May 16, 2022
Its hue was created by sunlight being projected through the Earth's atmosphere onto the Moon.
- Ukraine crisis: Can Africa replace Russian gas supplies to Europe?on May 15, 2022
Europe is desperately seeking alternative sources of gas after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Ukraine: The children's camp that became an execution groundon May 15, 2022
The BBC's Sarah Rainsford investigates the killing of civilians in a summer camp in Bucha, Ukraine.
- 'Bodies everywhere' - Witnesses tell of Buffalo horroron May 15, 2022
Eyewitnesses describe shock and disbelief after a gunman shot 10 people dead in New York state.
- Afghanistan face veil decree: 'It feels like being a woman is a crime'on May 15, 2022
Afghan women speak out against compulsory male chaperones and new mandate to wear all-covering veils.
- Eurovision 2022: Highlights of Ukraine's winning nighton May 15, 2022
Ukraine won the Eurovision song contest 2022, with the UK coming second, its best result since 1998.
- Fleeing Syria 10 years on: 'We cried all the way to Jordan'on May 14, 2022
A family looks back after a decade living in the world's largest Syrian refugee camp.
- Roe v Wade: Thousands attend rallies in US cities to support abortion rightson May 14, 2022
Pro-choice supporters are concerned that the Supreme Court could overturn the legal right to abortion.
- Her father went to prison - so she went to law schoolon May 14, 2022
Her father's incarceration on non-violent drug crimes inspired Teeanna Brisco to go to law school.