BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Sudan: Senior civilian leaders arrested by armed men - reportson October 25, 2021
It comes amid rising tensions between the country's military and civilian transitional authorities.
- James Michael Tyler: Friends actor dies aged 59on October 25, 2021
The actor, who played Gunther on the hit show, had been diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer.
- China postpones Beijing marathon due to Covid surgeon October 25, 2021
Around 30,000 people were expected to take part in the marathon on October 31.
- Uganda: One killed in bomb attack at Kampala baron October 25, 2021
Islamic State says it was behind the bombing - a week after the UK warned about a possible attack.
- Michael Jordan's trainers sell for record $1.47m at auctionon October 25, 2021
The US basketball legend wore the pair of red and white trainers during his first NBA season in 1984.
- The bumpy road to India's electric car dreamson October 25, 2021
New investments and incentives are making electric vehicles more viable. But is India ready for the change?
- Tigray crisis: How the West has fallen out with Ethiopia's PMon October 25, 2021
The EU and US threaten punitive action against the government and rebels as conflict escalates.
- Climate change: The environmental disasters we've almost fixedon October 25, 2021
From acid rain to the ozone hole: Can we learn from the environmental "success stories" of the past?
- How China’s past shapes Xi's thinking - and his view of the worldon October 24, 2021
Heightened tensions with Taiwan has the world wondering where President Xi Jinping sees China on the world stage.
- Living with the world's oldest mummieson October 24, 2021
In a town in northern Chile it is not unusual for residents to stumble across ancient mummies.
- Is internet addiction a growing problem?on October 24, 2021
Experts warn that the pandemic lockdowns have made more people vulnerable.
- How can Coca-Cola solve its plastic problem?on October 24, 2021
The drinks company has been named the world's biggest plastic polluter.
- The Gambia: 'We are crying for justice'on October 24, 2021
A report into alleged human rights abuses during the rule of former president Jammeh has been delayed.
- Inside the Indonesian cave where oldest animal art was foundon October 24, 2021
The BBC is given rare access to film the 45,500-year-old images found on an Indonesian island.
- James Michael Tyler: 11 of Gunther's funniest Friends momentson October 24, 2021
A look back at some of the character's highlights following actor James Michael Tyler's death.
- Colombian drug lord Otoniel to be extradited to USon October 24, 2021
US officials had placed a $5m (£3.6m) bounty on the head of Otoniel, Colombia's most wanted drug lord.
- Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Husband begins new hunger strike in Londonon October 24, 2021
Aid worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is distraught at the prospect of returning to jail, her husband says.
- T20 World Cup: Pakistan hammer India by 10 wickets to claim famous winon October 24, 2021
Pakistan hammer India by 10 wickets to claim a famous win over their great rivals at the Men's T20 World Cup in Dubai.
- Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa first heard of his death onlineon October 24, 2021
Vanessa Bryant said she learned about the death of her husband by seeing "RIP Kobe" notifications.
- German far-right group attempt to block migrantson October 24, 2021
Police have stopped vigilantes armed with batons, pepper spray and a machete at the Polish border.
- Halyna Hutchins: Vigil held in New Mexico for cinematographeron October 24, 2021
The cinematographer was fatally shot by a prop gun while filming for western movie Rust.
- Kerala floods: Our son was buried by mud - we couldn't save himon October 22, 2021
The walls of three-year-old Sachu's house collapsed when it was hit by heavy rain and flooding in Kerala.
- Climate change: Why Australia refuses to give up coalon October 22, 2021
Australia is the only rich nation still wedded to coal, despite urgent calls to stop its use.
- Contrails: How tweaking flight plans can help the climateon October 22, 2021
Why experts say cutting contrails costs less than $1bn a year but may be worth so much more.
- Death after Alec Baldwin fires prop gun 'unfathomable'on October 22, 2021
A director who worked with Halyna Hutchins in 2020 describes the gun safety protocols films tend to use.
- COP26: Document leak reveals nations lobbying to change key climate reporton October 21, 2021
Countries are asking the UN to play down the need to move rapidly away from fossil fuels.
- COP26: Does a climate summit need 25,000 people? And more questionson October 18, 2021
BBC science correspondent Matt McGrath answers your questions about Glasgow's COP26 climate summit.
- What is climate change? A really simple guideon October 13, 2021
World temperatures are rising because of human activity, and climate change now threatens every aspect of human life.
- COP26: What is the Glasgow climate conference and why is it important?on September 24, 2021
A crucial climate change summit is being held in the UK - this is why it's important.