BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- US diplomats to boycott 2022 Beijing Winter Olympicson December 7, 2021
The White House says no US diplomats will attend the games in China, over human rights concerns.
- Western leaders urge Russia to lower Ukraine tensionson December 7, 2021
The US and its European allies urge Moscow to de-escalate, amid fears it could invade Ukraine.
- Emmett Till: US closes investigation without chargeson December 7, 2021
The justice department says there is "insufficient evidence" to back a writer's claim a witness lied.
- Rohingya sue Facebook for $150bn over Myanmar hate speechon December 7, 2021
The social media giant is accused of fuelling violence against the persecuted minority in Myanmar.
- Amalia: The heir to the Dutch throne keeps it normal at 18on December 7, 2021
Princess Amalia had an ordinary childhood and wants her life to continue that way.
- 'I had to move across America when I became allergic to the sun'on December 7, 2021
After experiencing an unusual allergic reaction, Carrie moves across America to escape the sun.
- 'I want Afghan women to be free to wear colour'on December 7, 2021
Fashion icon Halima Aden and Afghan tutor Aliya Kazimy write to each other about the importance of choice.
- Mahbouba Seraj: Afghanistan is a country in troubleon December 7, 2021
Mahbouba Seraj is a prominent Afghan women’s rights activist. She has a personal message for the Taliban.
- Helping trans people escape death in their home countrieson December 7, 2021
Iman Le Caire made it her mission to help other trans people flee persecution in hostile countries.
- Rebel Wilson on weight loss: I know what it’s like to be invisibleon December 7, 2021
The actress, producer and director opens up about her weight loss, in an exclusive BBC interview.
- Hong Kong Covid: The Cathay pilots stuck in 'perpetual quarantine'on December 7, 2021
One Cathay Pacific pilot said he had spent almost 150 days in quarantine this year alone.
- Juan Jose Florian: Colombia's Para-cycling 'superhero' and his dramatic life storyon December 7, 2021
Juan Jose Florian was forced into armed conflict on the opposite side to family. When a bomb nearly killed him, sport helped heal.
- Jussie Smollett testifies at trial: 'There was no hoax'on December 6, 2021
Jussie Smollett says a "massive" man in a ski mask attacked him after shouting slurs in Chicago.
- Ghislaine Maxwell 'gave schoolgirl outfit to Epstein victim'on December 6, 2021
An accuser says the socialite suggested she dress up to serve tea to paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
- David Gulpilil: Profound legacy of a trailblazing Aboriginal actoron December 6, 2021
A trailblazing figure with a 50-year career, he helped vastly improve cultural representations.
- Indonesia volcano: How I escaped the deadly Mt Semeru eruptionon December 6, 2021
Watch as this survivor describes how he escaped the deadly Mt Semeru eruption in Indonesia.
- Amid shortage, Canada taps into emergency maple syrup reserveson December 6, 2021
The Canadian province of Quebec produces 70% of the world's maple syrup supply.
- Omicron: Why is Nigeria on the travel red list?on December 6, 2021
The UK has placed travel restrictions on arrivals from Nigeria and several other African countries - are they fair?
- New York's workers must all have vaccine by 27 Decemberon December 6, 2021
The city's mayor is introducing a vaccine mandate for all private sector employees from 27 December.
- Brexit: Ireland to receive €920m for Brexit impacton December 6, 2021
The country is the first to get money from the European Commission's Brexit Adjustment Reserve.
- Covid-19: Italy tightens restrictions for unvaccinatedon December 6, 2021
A so-called Super Green Pass will be needed to access theatres, cinemas and restaurants.
- James Webb Space Telescope scientist: 'It's the future of astrophysics'on December 6, 2021
The James Webb Space Telescope is expected to be 100 times more powerful than the Hubble.
- How Lebanon's economic problems could leave Sara blindon December 6, 2021
Lebanon stopped has stopped subsidising many medical expenses, which leaves poorer patients in danger.
- The Palestinian jailbreak that rocked Israelon December 6, 2021
The search for six Palestinian fugitives from an Israeli prison unearths a story of dispossession, violence and bitter division in a fractured region.