BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Israel set to get new PM and hold snap election in Novemberon June 30, 2022
Naftali Bennett will hand over power to Foreign Minister Yair Lapid once parliament dissolves itself.
- Paris trial: Salah Abdeslam guilty as historic trial endson June 30, 2022
Salah Abdeslam and 19 others convicted over the 2015 attacks which killed 130 people across Paris.
- Hello Kitty firm strikes China deal after viral hiton June 30, 2022
Shares of Japanese company Sanrio rose by almost 14% in Tokyo after the agreement was announced.
- Udaipur: Rajasthan on edge after Prophet Muhammad row beheadingon June 30, 2022
Two Muslim men in Rajasthan killed a Hindu tailor who backed controversial remarks about the Prophet Muhammad.
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr sworn in as Philippines president, replacing Duterteon June 30, 2022
Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr succeeds Rodrigo Duterte after a historic election win in May.
- Ukrainian troops being trained in the UKon June 30, 2022
Military personnel from Ukraine are being trained in Salisbury Plain by British and New Zealand troops.
- Pride: Amazon restricts LGBT goods in United Arab Emirateson June 30, 2022
The online retail giant says it has to comply with the laws of the countries in which it operates.
- Texas migrant deaths: Suspected truck driver is chargedon June 30, 2022
Some 53 people, including children, died after being shut in a lorry in the blistering Texas heat.
- Russia invasion: Putin still wants to take most of Ukraine - USon June 30, 2022
According to US intelligence assessments, Russia's invasion is likely to grind on for some time.
- Jan 6 hearings: Trump film-maker now has 'two armed guards'on June 30, 2022
Alex Holder, who filmed Trump after the 2020 election, has now been ordered to give evidence.
- Russia's attack on Mariupol theatre a clear war crime, Amnesty sayson June 30, 2022
Russian forces likely targeted the building knowing it was a shelter for civilians, the group says.
- R. Kelly given 30 years in jail for sex abuseon June 29, 2022
The singer was found to have used his celebrity status to sexually abuse children and women.
- The bloody legacy of Rodrigo Duterteon June 29, 2022
The Philippines strongman is retiring after a career fighting drugs and crime that left thousands dead.
- Stranger Things: I pinch myself at my luck, says actor Jamie Campbell Boweron June 29, 2022
Actor Jamie Campbell Bower on why he feels fortunate to have a key role in the hit Netflix show.
- In pictures: V&A celebrates Africa's cutting-edge fashionon June 29, 2022
The diversity and creativity of African fashion are on show in a retrospective at London's V&A museum.
- Hong Kong handover: Am I Chinese or a Hongkonger?on June 29, 2022
Two Hongkongers born in 1997, the year the city returned to China, tell us how they view identity.
- Paris attack: 'We still have our injuries, our traumas, our nightmares'on June 29, 2022
Survivors of the 2015 attacks spoke to the BBC after the sentencing of Salah Abdeslam and 19 others.
- Survivor makes tearful statement after R. Kelly sentencingon June 29, 2022
Lizzette Martinez tells reporters outside the New York court she is grateful for the 30-year sentence.
- Ukraine war: US to ramp up military presence across Europeon June 29, 2022
President Biden announces a strengthening by "land, air and sea" over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Israel welcomes Ben & Jerry's reversal over West Bank settlementson June 29, 2022
Unilever agrees a deal to continue selling the ice cream throughout Israel and the occupied West Bank.
- Austria mudslide: Aerial footage from Carinthia region shows scale of damageon June 29, 2022
Houses and roads in a mountainous southern region were flooded, and vehicles were stranded in the mud.
- R. Kelly: The history of allegations against himon June 29, 2022
The US singer has been found guilty of eight counts of sex trafficking and one of racketeering.
- Jan 6 hearings: Ex-aide paints devastating picture of Trumpon June 29, 2022
New allegations emerge about what the former US president did during the January 6 riot at the Capitol.
- Sweden and Finland's journey from neutral to Natoon June 28, 2022
It is a historic shift for the Nordic nations and Russia is vehemently opposed to the change.
- Paris attacks: Survivors who found friendship in marathon terror trialon June 28, 2022
The 2015 Paris attacks left 130 people dead and some of the survivors have formed a unique bond.