BlueWorld.org is a world geography web site for people who want to know more about the regions and countries that make up our world. It was designed to help researchers, students, and laypersons find information and news from the many nations of our world, quickly, easily, and in one place. Use the menus above to get started.
The site is still a work in progress, so expect new countries to be added over time.
World News Headlines
- Elnaz Rekabi: Family home of Iranian climber demolishedon December 3, 2022
Elnaz Rekabi became a hero of the protest movement after competing abroad with her hair uncovered.
- South Korea: Former security adviser arrested over border killing 'cover-up'on December 3, 2022
Suh Hoon is accused of covering up events surrounding the killing of an official by North Korea.
- Viking Polaris: Passenger killed after 'rogue wave' hits cruise shipon December 3, 2022
Four others were injured in the incident on board a cruise ship bound for Antarctica.
- Ukraine war: Price cap on Russian oil will hit Putin immediately - USon December 3, 2022
The G7 and Australia join the EU in imposing the cap of $60 a barrel meant to hit Russia's war chest.
- Dozens of child migrants go missing from UK careon December 3, 2022
Of 197 children taken in by Kent County Council this year, 39 are missing, figures show.
- Ukraine war: New images show Russian army base built in occupied Mariupolon December 3, 2022
Russia captured Mariupol earlier this year, and the images suggest it is consolidating its presence.
- US Air Force unveils new B-21 Raider nuclear stealth bomberon December 3, 2022
The first new bomber in three decades could cost nearly $700m (£569m) per plane.
- Earthshot Prize: Prince William announces five winnerson December 3, 2022
Friends from Oman who turn CO2 into rock and a UK firm making packaging from seaweed are among the winners.
- Police foil group trying to steal Banksy mural from Ukraine wallon December 3, 2022
Police arrested several people who cut the artwork from the wall of a war-torn building in Hostomel.
- Chennai: Transfer of 1,000 India crocodiles raises thorny questionon December 3, 2022
The reptiles are being moved from a breeding centre to a far-away zoo, making conservationists uncomfortable.
- Anwar Ibrahim: Honeymoon as Malaysian PM will be brutally shorton December 3, 2022
He finally got his dream job - but Anwar Ibrahim faces a divided country and a weak economy.
- The 'life-changing' electric suiton December 3, 2022
A special body suit for people with cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and strokes has had some remarkable results.
- West Bank footage throws spotlight on Israel's use of lethal forceon December 3, 2022
Four Palestinians were shot dead by Israeli troops during confrontations on one day this week.
- Police arrest elderly Alabama woman over unpaid $77 trash billon December 3, 2022
The arrest of the elderly woman has sparked outrage in the US state of Alabama.
- Senegal's parliament brawls after MP hits woman colleagueon December 2, 2022
An MP from the ruling party was hit by a colleague from the opposition during a budget presentation.
- Indonesia set to punish sex before marriage with jail timeon December 2, 2022
The parliament is set to pass a new law which would also outlaw pre-marital cohabitation.
- Ukraine war: Learning to survive in Ladyzhyn, a town with no heatingon December 2, 2022
Ladyzhyn's 18,000 people went without heating for a week after Russian missiles hit its power plant.
- Ukraine war: Can we expect peace talks to begin?on December 2, 2022
Joe Biden says he is willing to sit down with Vladimir Putin, but when might peace talks take place?
- Cyril Ramaphosa: A quick guide to South Africa's 'Farmgate' scandalon December 2, 2022
President Cyril Ramaphosa's career hangs in the balance over allegations he covered up a theft at his farm.
- Kanye West Twitter ban: A timeline of the rapper's downfallon December 2, 2022
He's been banned from Twitter again after two turbulent months - but how did we get here?
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa's president considers future amid corruption scandalon December 2, 2022
South Africa's ruling party is discussing the president's future, after corruption allegations.
- Drone footage shows deadly flooding in parts of Brazilon December 2, 2022
Thousands of people have been displaced after recent heavy rains in parts of the country.
- Coca-Cola Christmas truck in flames in Romaniaon December 1, 2022
The famous red vehicle caught fire while driving down a busy road in the capital Bucharest.
- Escape of Taronga Zoo lions in Sydney caught on cameraon December 1, 2022
Taronga Zoo, in Australia, has released footage of the incident, which happened last month.
- DJ Glade Marie: ‘I’m sexualised on nights out’on December 1, 2022
Studies show less than 5% of the music tech industry is female. This business is trying to change that.
- Ros Atkins on... China's crackdown on Covid protestson November 30, 2022
The BBC's Ros Atkins looks at how authorities have clamped down on protests against Covid measures.