|Area Total||947,300 sq km|
|Climate||varies from tropical along coast to temperate in highlands|
|Natural Resources||hydropower, tin, phosphates, iron ore, coal, diamonds, gemstones, gold, natural gas, nickel|
|Imports||India 16.5%, China 15.8%, UAE 9.2%, Saudi Arabia 7.9%, South Africa 5.1%, Japan 4.9%, Switzerland 4.4% (2017) – consumer goods, machinery and transportation equipment, industrial raw materials, crude oil|
|Exports||India 21.8%, South Africa 17.9%, Kenya 8.8%, Switzerland 6.7%, Belgium 5.9%, Democratic Republic of the Congo 5.8%, China 4.8% (2017) – gold, coffee, cashew nuts, manufactures, cotton|
|Capital||Dar es Salaam (administrative capital), Dodoma (legislative capital)|
|Population||58,552,845 (July 2020 est.)|
|Ethnicity||mainland – African 99% (of which 95% are Bantu consisting of more than 130 tribes), other 1% (consisting of Asian, European, and Arab); Zanzibar – Arab, African, mixed Arab and African|
|Language||Kiswahili or Swahili (official), Kiunguja (name for Swahili in Zanzibar), English (official, primary language of commerce, administration, and higher education), Arabic (widely spoken in Zanzibar), many local languages|
News about Tanzania
- Mbao Delighted to Host Yangaby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] YOUNG Africans opponents in the 4th round match of the Azam Sports Federation Cup (ASFC) Mbao are delighted with the news that their game will be played at CCM Kirumba Stadium in Mwanza on Saturday.
- Tasac Told to Enhance Surveillance in Water Transportby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] DEPUTY Minister of Works and Transport, Mr Atupele Mwakibete has directed the Tanzania Shipping Agencies Corporation (TASAC) to widen its control and management of activities taking place in water transportation and help the government earn more revenue.
- Simba Seek Solace in Kagera Tieby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] HOLDERS Simba are seeking redemption away in Kagera, when they face Kagera Sugar in a solo midweek NBC Premier League fixture at Kaitaba Stadium in Kagera Bukoba today.
- Editorial - Financial Institutions, Force to Reckon With in Agri Developmentby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] THE World Bank recently estimated that the value of food and agricultural markets in Africa may rise to US$1 trillion a year by 2030.
- President Samia Blames Arson, Negligence for Endless Fire Disastersby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan has revealed arson and negligence as among the reasons that could be behind frequent fire outbreaks in markets in the country.
- CJ Launches Law Reports of Tanzaniaby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] THE Chief Justice, Prof Ibrahim Juma, on Monday launched Law Reports of Tanzania for the year 2007 to 2020, which include High Court (Tanzania and Zanzibar) and Court of Appeal decisions, which are crucial in providing justice to the people.
- Samia Lifts Petty Traders' Hopes As Mega Markets Project Pencilled for Jangwani, Karumeby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan has breathed a fresh lease of life into petty traders, reaffirming her government's commitment to re-organise them and build modern markets, so that they can operate in a safe and orderly manner.
- New Curricula for Nursery, Primary, Secondary in Offingby Daily News on January 26, 2022
[Daily News] NEW curricula for nursery, primary, secondary and teacher education will start being used from January 2025, the Tanzania Institute of Education (TIE) has affirmed.
- TB Patients Shun Clinics Over Covid-19 Fearby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] SOME Tuberculosis patients have stopped attending clinics since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, something that endangers their lives and people surrounding them, it has been revealed.
- Ambundo Seeks Time to Heighten Yangaby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] YOUNG Africans hero against Polisi Tanzania Dickson Ambundo said he will continue to impress when given playing time in order to help his side win matches.
- Lusajo Floors Mayele in Golden Boot Raceby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] LEAVING aside the Premier League's title chase, the race for the golden boot has been even more fascinating as it keeps changing game after game.
- Tanzanite Pitch Camp in Arusha for Addis Missionby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] AFTER 1-0 win over Ethiopia in the 2022 FIFA Under-20 Women's World Cup qualifiers, Tanzania's U-20 Ladies have pitched a camp in Karatu, Arusha ahead of the return leg.
- Council Pushes for Employees' Improved Benefitsby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] MEMBERS of the Kongwa District Workers' Council have advised the Department of Administration and Personnel to focus on equity while managing interests of employees.
- General Framework Agreement Signed to Enhance Cooperation Between Mauritius and Tanzaniaby Government of Mauritius on January 25, 2022
[Government of Mauritius] A General Framework Agreement (GFA) was signed, today, between Mauritius and Tanzania, at the seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade in Port Louis. The Agreement aims at enhancing collaboration between the two countries in traditional sectors and paving the way for new avenues of […]
- Overall Average Lending Rates Fallby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] The overall lending rates declined to 16.40 per cent in the period ending November last year down from 16.65 per cent recorded in the preceding month and 16.61 per cent in the corresponding period 2020.
- Geita Stadium to Be Completed in Aprilby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] CONSTRUCTION of the Geita stadium for Geita Gold team home matches is expected to be completed in April this year.
- Thadeo, Katembo Named in Shimiwi Electoral Teamby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] THE former Acting Director of Sports Department in the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Sports, Leonard Thadeo and the retired Residence Magistrate of the Utete, Rufiji Magistrate's Court Ally Katembo are among the five officials appointed to form the Inter-Ministerial Sports Federation's Electoral Committee.
- Jafo - Oversee Tree Planting National Campaignby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] MINISTER of State in the Vice-President's Office (Union and Environment), Seleman Jafo, has instructed the environment officers countrywide to oversee the tree planting campaign dubbed 'Soma na Mti' in Kiswahili.
- Sbl Agri-Business Project Boosts Farmers' Productivityby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] Serengeti Breweries Limited's (SBL) initiatives of empowering local farmers to produce raw materials locally through technical and financial assistance are meant for meeting the brewer's demand for various ingredients.
- European Tour Heads to Tanzania With Fortunesby Daily News on January 25, 2022
[Daily News] HIGH fever has started to grip professional golfers ahead of the maiden European Tour Golf Competition coming to Tanzania early this year.
- Tcra Suspends Local Program for Three Monthsby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) has suspended for three months the Efatha Ministry program aired on Star TV for breaching Electronic and Postal Communications (Online Contents) Regulations, 2020.
- Govt Pushes Medical Stores 500m Away From Hospitalsby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] Minister of Health, Ummy Mwalimu has ordered all pharmacies operating around hospitals to move away from the area and stay 500 meters away from hospitals.
- Judiciary of Tanzania Launches Flag, Emblemby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] THE President of Zanzibar and Chairman of the Revolutionary Council, Dr Hussein Mwinyi on Sunday officially launched special Flag and Emblem of the Judiciary of Tanzania.
- Govt Establishes Industrial Park in Dodomaby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] The government has established an industrial park in Dodoma Region that will use locally produced raw materials from the central zone regions to provide reliable market to farmers and boosting their income.
- Stakeholders Tout Preservation of Traditional Foods, Seedsby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] Traditional crops and organic farming stakeholders have asked the government to establish a department that would deal with traditional foods and seeds which are in danger of extinction.
- Govt Assures Investors of Improved Infrastructureby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] WORKS and Transport Minister Prof Makame Mbarawa has assured investors of the government commitment to continue improving key infrastructure, including roads and bridges to enable them operate smoothly.
- Online Court Services Record Successby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] THE Judiciary has recorded tremendous achievements through online court services which have proved to be effective in many ways including saving time, money and resources.
- Muleba Upbeat With Maghalini Fish Market Earningsby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] MULEBA District Commissioner (DC), Mr Toba Nguvila has expressed his satisfaction with revenue collections recorded at the Katembe Magharini fish market.
- UNFPA Pledges Support in Population Censusby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] THE United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has expressed its commitment of cooperating with Tanzania on ensuring the country makes progress and records success, especially on the coming Population and Housing Census to be held in August this year.
- Samia Calls for Cultural Preservationby Daily News on January 24, 2022
[Daily News] PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan has called on parents to pass through cultural values to their children since they are vital in preserving the value of the nation for the future generation.