Bosnia and Herzegovina
Republic of Ireland
News From Europe
BBC News - Europe BBC News - Europe
- Deal to return Elgin Marbles to Greece at advanced stage - reportson December 3, 2022
The British Museum is said to have held secret talks with Greece about returning the sculptures.
- Ukraine war: Price cap on Russian oil will hit Putin immediately - USon December 3, 2022
The G7 and Australia join the EU in imposing the cap of $60 a barrel meant to hit Russia's war chest.
- Russian businessman held in UK oligarchs probeon December 3, 2022
A businessman is arrested on suspicion of money laundering at his multi-million-pound London home.
- Ukraine war: New images show Russian army base built in occupied Mariupolon December 3, 2022
Russia captured Mariupol earlier this year, and the images suggest it is consolidating its presence.
- Police foil group trying to steal Banksy mural from Ukraine wallon December 3, 2022
Police arrested several people who cut the artwork from the wall of a war-torn building in Hostomel.
- Finland's Sanna Marin says Europe would be in trouble without USon December 2, 2022
"I must be brutally honest with you," Sanna Marin says. "We would be in trouble without the US."
- Ukraine war: Russia demands annexations recognised before talkson December 2, 2022
The Kremlin says the West's refusal to recognise its seizure of Ukrainian land makes talks harder.
- Poland says stolen Kandinsky auctioned in Germanyon December 2, 2022
The German auctioneer suspends finalisation of the sale after an angry response in Poland.
- Ukraine war: Learning to survive in Ladyzhyn, a town with no heatingon December 2, 2022
Ladyzhyn's 18,000 people went without heating for a week after Russian missiles hit its power plant.
- World Cup 2022: Did it cross the line? Germany out as Japan and Spain progresson December 2, 2022
Japan reach the World Cup last 16 as Germany crash out, but should Japan's winner against Spain have counted on a dramatic night?
- Ukraine war: Can we expect peace talks to begin?on December 2, 2022
Joe Biden says he is willing to sit down with Vladimir Putin, but when might peace talks take place?
- Ukraine war: Animal eye packages sent to eight embassies across Europeon December 2, 2022
Ukraine's foreign ministry says a "campaign of terror" is taking place against its embassies.
- No more airplane mode? EU to allow calls on flightson December 2, 2022
EU airlines will be able to install equipment that lets them provide 5G on board planes by June 2023.
- World Cup 2022: German media and pundits react to group stage eliminationon December 2, 2022
Germany's elimination in the World Cup group stages for the second time in a row has led to a scathing reaction in the media at home.
- Jeanne Dielman: Film directed by woman picked as best everon December 2, 2022
Sight and Sound picks Chantal Akerman's 1975 film Jeanne Dielman as the greatest ever.
- Ukraine war: Germany to cover energy bills as gas prices soaron December 2, 2022
Germany is spending €300bns to shield its people from soaring energy bills. Will it work?
- Coca-Cola Christmas truck in flames in Romaniaon December 1, 2022
The famous red vehicle caught fire while driving down a busy road in the capital Bucharest.
- Is attacking Ukraine's power grid a war crime?on December 1, 2022
Western leaders say Russia's attacks on Ukrainian infrastructure are illegal, but what does the law say?
- World Cup 2022: Female refs 'a positive message' for women in Qatar - Stephanie Frapparton December 1, 2022
Having females referees at the World Cup helps send a positive message over women's rights in Qatar, says Stephanie Frappart.
- New Zealand and Finland PMs shoot down reporter's 'similar age' questionon November 30, 2022
New Zealand's Jacinda Ardern and Finland's Sanna Marin gave pointed replies on gender and their roles.
- Why Dutch 'bike banks' are a game changer for kidson November 30, 2022
In the Netherlands, the cost of living crisis has pushed up demand for refurbished second-hand bikes.
- Victory is not the only thing we need, we need justice - Olena Zelenskaon November 29, 2022
Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska speaks to UK lawmakers about the devastating war in her country.
- At the scene of deadly Ischia mudslideon November 27, 2022
The BBC's Mark Lowen surveys the damage to homes and cars after a mudslide on the Italian island.
- Mudslide sweeps across Italian island of Ischiaon November 26, 2022
Those missing are believed to be trapped under the mud.