|Area Total||83,600 sq km|
|Climate||desert; cooler in eastern mountains|
|Natural Resources||petroleum, natural gas|
|Imports||China 8.5%, US 6.8%, India 6.6% (2017) – machinery and transport equipment, chemicals, food|
|Exports||India 10.1%, Iran 9.9%, Japan 9.3%, China 5.4%, Oman 5%, Switzerland 4.4%, South Korea 4.1% (2017) – crude oil 45%, natural gas, reexports, dried fish, dates (2012 est.)|
|Government||federation of monarchies|
|Population|| Population field listing
9,701,315 (July 2018 est.)
|Ethnicity||Emirati 11.6%, South Asian 59.4% (includes Indian 38.2%, Bangladeshi 9.5%, Pakistani 9.4%, other 2.3%), Egyptian 10.2%, Filipino 6.1%, other 12.8% (2015 est.)|
|Language||Arabic (official), English, Hindi, Malayam, Urdu, Pashto, Tagalog, Persian|
News about United Arab Emirates
- DMCC AND SWEID & SWEID LAUNCH LANDMARK GRADE-A OFFICE DEVELOPMENT IN JLT DISTRICTon November 30, 2023
DMCC AND SWEID & SWEID LAUNCH LANDMARK GRADE-A OFFICE DEVELOPMENT IN JLT DISTRICT • Sweid One will provide 500,000 More...
- ENOC Group Receives IWA 42:2022 Certificate for its Commitment to 'Net Zero'by E247 on November 30, 2023
ENOC Group, a leading integrated global energy player, has recently gained recognition for pioneering efforts towards More...
- In the presence of Ahmed bin Saeed..Dubai Free Zones Council Collaborates with Economic Security Center of Dubaiby E247 on November 30, 2023
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Free Zones (DFZ) Council, witnessed the signing More...
- ‘Don’t be naive like I was’: UK academic advises Cop28 attenders to stay safeby Dan Sabbagh on November 30, 2023
Matthew Hedges, tortured in UAE in 2018, tells reporters and activists to take clean phones and watch who they deal withJournalists and campaigners attending the Cop28 climate conference in Dubai should “not be naive” and take steps to protect their physical and digital security, a British academic who was tortured in the summit’s host country has […]
- Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy discusses priorities and initiatives for 2024 aimed at consolidating Dubai's position as the global capital of the digital economyby E247 on November 30, 2023
Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy, one of the three chambers operating under the umbrella of Dubai Chambers, has More...
- DP World and RSA cold chain join forces for cutting-edge cold Chain logistics hub in Jebel Alion November 30, 2023
RSA Cold Chain has signed a lease agreement with DP World to develop a new state-of-the-art cold chain facility at the More...
- Who is the UAE sheikh behind deals to manage vast areas of African forest?by Patrick Greenfield and Lorenzo Tondo on November 30, 2023
Through the firm Blue Carbon, Sheikh Ahmed Dalmook al-Maktoum’s carbon offsetting deals, which could one day be worth billions, have led to questions about previous business ventures• The new ‘scramble for Africa’: how a UAE sheikh quietly made carbon deals for forests bigger than UKFew people have made as big an impact in the carbon markets this […]
- The new ‘scramble for Africa’: how a UAE sheikh quietly made carbon deals for forests bigger than UKby Patrick Greenfield on November 30, 2023
Agreements have been struck with African states home to crucial biodiversity hotspots, for land representing billions of dollars in potential carbon offsetting revenue• Who is the UAE sheikh behind deals to manage vast areas of African forest?The rights over vast tracts of African forest are being sold off in a series of huge carbon offsetting deals that […]
- Dubai Taxi Gears Up for COP28 with State-of-the-Art Fleet and Comprehensive Servicesby E247 on November 30, 2023
Dubai Taxi Company PJSC (DTC) has announced it is all set to actively participate in the 28th Conference of the Parties More...
- New push for debt relief to help developing world fund climate actionby Larry Elliott and Phillip Inman on November 30, 2023
Cop28 hears poorest nations spend at least 12 times as much to service debts than on tackling global heatingThe fight against the climate emergency is being hampered by a debt crisis that involves the world’s poorest countries paying more than 12 times as much to their creditors as they are spending on measures to tackle the impact of global heating, a […]
- The secret plan to ‘hook’ the developing world on oil - podcastby Presented by Michael Safi with Damian Carrington; produced by Tom Glasser and Rudi Zygadlo; executive producer Phil Maynard on November 30, 2023
As the Cop28 climate summit begins in Dubai today, a secret Saudi Arabian plan to get poorer countries ‘hooked on its harmful products’ has emerged. Damian Carrington reportsDelegates from every country in the world are meeting today at the beginning of the Cop28 climate talks in Dubai, hosted by the United Arab Emirates. The scale of the challenge […]
- Former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger dies at 100by AFP on November 30, 2023
Henry Kissinger, a controversial Nobel Peace Prize winner and diplomatic powerhouse whose service under two presidents More...
- Who’s who at Cop28: the leaders with the world’s future in their handsby Fiona Harvey Environment editor on November 29, 2023
From fossil fuel chiefs to an outspoken UN secretary general, a look at who will attend the UAE’s climate summitCop28 officially opens on 30 November in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and the conference is scheduled to end on 14 December, although is likely to run later. World leaders will attend the world climate action summit segment on 1 and 2 […]
- Maktoum bin Mohammed says nation’s martyrs placed its unity and accomplishments foremostby E247 on November 29, 2023
His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, First Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Deputy Prime Minister and More...
- Cop28 president denies on eve of summit he abused his position to sign oil dealsby Fiona Harvey in Dubai on November 29, 2023
Sultan Al Jaber calls allegations false as the United Arab Emirates prepares to host the biggest Cop meeting yetSultan Al Jaber, the president of the UN Cop28 climate summit, has hit back strongly at reports he abused his position to try to sign oil deals with other governments, as the United Arab Emirates prepares to host the biggest Cop meeting yet.Al […]
- Dubai Supreme Council of Energy launches the fifth edition of the ‘Emirates Energy Award’ under the theme ‘Empowering Carbon Neutralityby E247 on November 29, 2023
The Dubai Supreme Council of Energy launched today the 5th Emirates Energy Award (EEA) 2023- 2025 to be held under the More...
- WGEO, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) Forge a Strategic Partnership During the World Green Economy Summit 2023by E247 on November 29, 2023
In a move towards fostering sustainable development and green initiatives across the African continent, the World Green More...
- MoHRE refers 113 private companies to Public Prosecution for fake Emiratisation cases, circumvention of Emiratisation targetsby WAM on November 29, 2023
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation ( MoHRE) referred 113 private companies to the Public Prosecution for More...
- Dubai Health Authority announces results of the Health Accounts System for Dubaiby E247 on November 29, 2023
Dubai Health Authority has announced the results of the Health Accounts System for the Emirate of Dubai (HASD) 2022, More...
- Mohammed bin Rashid pardons 1,249 prisoners ahead of 52nd UAE Union Dayby E247 on November 29, 2023
In his capacity as the Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime More...